MOTHERING THE MOTHER
Angela provides individual counseling services in her private practice in Spokane, WA.
Angela has a unique focus on treating women who present with anxiety related to body image/weight concerns during or after pregnancy, OCD/Anxiety, postpartum mood disorders, transition to motherhood, and past childhood trauma. She also focuses on attachment and how childhood experiences may impact your confidence in motherhood. She is energetic, honest, and passionate about her work!
Finding the right fit for a counselor is highly important to your success. Angela encourages mothers to set up an initial phone or in-person consult to see if she would be the right fit.
Topics Addressed in Counseling May Include:
- Missing your pre-child life
- Navigating parenting advice
- Decisions about returning to work or staying at home
- Processing Birth Trauma or unexpected delivery
- Grieving a pregnancy, birth or breastfeeding experience
- Change in connection with your partner
- Postpartum body challenges
- Navigating friendships with other mothers or friends who don't have kids
- Your relationship with your own mother or step-mother
- Regrets or doubts about having a child